Children’s Centres are part of the One Point Service which joins up Durham County Council and County Durham and Darlington NHS Trust to support children, young people and families from early pregnancy to 19 years old (25 years with a disability).
The map of County Durham shows where the Children's Centres are based. A list of the type of services that may be available is below:
- Early education integrated with childcare
- Health services (including antenatal care)
- Family support (including support for parents for children with special needs)
- Links with JobCentre Plus and other training providers
- A base for childminders who belong to a formal network.
- Links with the Families Information Service, Nurseries, Out of School Clubs and Extended Schools
- Management and workforce training
- Support, advice and guidance from a wide range of professionals including: School Nurses, Health Visitors, Education Psychologists, Youth Workers, Anti-bullying Workers, Personal Advisors, Education Welfare Officers and Family Workers.
For further information please view Sure Start Children Centres Equality Impact Assessment July 2010.pdf, or contact your nearest Children's Centre or One Point Service Hub.