Health Trainer Service
Helping you to help yourself
Do you want to become healthier but don’t know where to start? Look no further, take your first step by contacting your local NHS Health Trainer Service for FREE confidential support and begin your journey to better health.
What is an NHS Health Trainer?
We work in your local area and are trained to offer information and support to help you make changes to improve your health and wellbeing.
How could a Health Trainer help me?
- Offer help and advice on the many ways to stop smoking.
- Give information about stop smoking products and the choices available.
- Give you ongoing support and encouragement to help you stop smoking.
- Support and encourage you to make healthier choices.
- Help you look at your eating habits.
- Help you to make small changes towards a balanced diet.
- Help you to take the first steps towards being more active.
- Discuss different kinds of activities and support you to work at a pace that is right for you.
- Help you find out about local activities and accompany you to help you get started.
If you need more support, we can put you in touch with other services in your local area.
How can I contact a Health Trainer?
It’s easy, contact us on: 01207 523 666
What will happen next?
Your Health Trainer will contact you to arrange an appointment at a time and place that suits you both. This appointment will last about 45 minutes and together, you will begin to plan the changes you wish to make to improve your health and lifestyle.